This is a creamy, rich, sinful decadent, egg less pudding made from Dark chocolate. Oh! how crazy I am about Dark Chocolate and love eating it as is or making desserts from it. Besides , this is so easy to prepare, requiring fewer ingredients and amazingly delicious in taste. In fact, these are one of the few desserts which can really spoil one’s dieting plans
The other day when I had some dark chocolate left, I resisted the temptation to eat and decided to prepare this heavenly dessert and again I had to force myself to stop licking it once it was done. This pudding can last upto 1 week but seriously, I never had the pudding left once it was served
*Now you can use egg yolk with whipping cream or gelatin/agar powder instead of cornstarch as thickener for the pudding
Do watch the video for better clarity in preparation and share your experience once you prepare this sinful dessert
Preparation time: 5 mins Cooking time: 6-8 mins Total time: 13 mins
- 200 g dark chocolate chopped
- 2.5 tbsp cornstarch
- 400 ml full fat milk
- 60 g sugar
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
Steps to prepare
- Mix cornstarch and cocoa powder in 5-6 tbsp milk until lump free
- Heat remaining milk in a pan
- Add sugar and salt to the milk
- Now whisk corn slurry again and add to the milk
- Over low medium heat, whisk well until lump free
- Continue cooking over low medium heat until it starts thickening. Switch off.
- Immediately add melted dark chocolate to mixture and mix until well combined. You can melt dark chocolate either by microwave or double boiler method
- Pour the pudding into heat resistant bowl and allow to cool completely
- Pour in serving bowls. Refrigerate for 2 hours atleast before serving.
- Enjoy the decadent Rich pudding as is or top it with Whipped cream and chocolate shavings/chips.
- Serve cold