In a hurry and want to eat something healthy, tasty and filling then try this delicious Oats Omelette. Loaded with veggies and Oats, this Omelette is one of my healthy breakfast go to recipe
Oats are highly nutritious and rich in anti oxidants. They keep you filled , control blood sugar levels and also help in lose weight so the next time you get up in the morning to prepare toast omelette, add oats and veggies and you will end up with highly nutritious breakfast
You can add any veggies of your choice and change the seasonings as required. Also you can add grated cheese on top for additional taste
- Oats- 1/4 cup
- Eggs – 2
- Milk – 2 tablespoon
- Turmeric powder – 1/8 teaspoon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Onion thinly sliced 2 tablespoon
- Capsicum sliced 2 tablespoon
- Deseeded chopped Tomato 1 tablespoon
- Grated Carrot 2 tablespoon
- Green Chilly – 1, finely chopped
- Red Chili flakes – 1/2 teaspoon or to taste
- Fresh Coriander leaves (Cilantro)- 2 tablespoon, chopped
- Oregano – 1 teaspoon or to taste
Steps to prepare
- Dry roast Oats
- Grind it flour and transfer it to a bowl.
- Mix oats flour, salt turmeric , pepper, oregano , red chili flakes.
- Whisk eggs in a bowl
- Add Oats mixture,milk to eggs and whisk well
- In a separate bowl keep all chopped veggies ready
- Heat nonstick pan with little oil/butter/ghee , I have used extra virgin Olive oil here
- Pour the egg oats mixture to the pan. Spread it like a circle .
- Arrange all the veggies and press it with a spoon/spatula. Sprinkle pepper powder on the top. Cook it over low medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Flip it and cook other side for 2 mins.
- Serve hot, you can eat them as – is or with toasted bread slices