Dates are a good source of various vitamins and minerals, energy, sugar, and fiber. It has low glycemic index hence can be consumed safely by Diabetic patients too. Dates are good for pregnant women and kids. Ragi (Finger Millet) is also a rich source of fiber and helps lower cholesterol level. – Ragi is best food for weight control, diabetes and a cooling the body. These ladoos do not contain additional sugar and are highly nutritious.
Preparation time: 3 mins Cooking time: 6 mins Total time: 8 mins
- 1/2 cup Ragi Flour
- 10-12 Dates
- 1/2 cup – Water
- 2-3 teaspoon Ghee (Clarified Butter)
- 4 tbsp chopped roasted nuts (Almonds, cashews etc) – (optional)
Steps to prepare
- Deseed and finely chop the dates
- Add chopped dates and water in a pan.
- Stir well on low-medium flame. Once the water is absorbed and dates becomes mushy, keep it aside
- In a pan, add 1 tsp ghee and add Ragi
- Roast Ragi flour on low flame until its aromatic. This step is important as we do not want to eat raw flour and neither burnt flour. Always saute over low medium heat
- Add dates and nuts and mix well,
- Stir for 2 mins on low flame and switch off
- Allow it to slightly cool.
- Smear remaining ghee on your hands and start making ladoos while mixture is still warm .
- Store in air tight container