I know , by now my recipe list is filled with Chicken curries so here I come with another in a tow. My hubby and kid just love chicken curries so I keep exploring various cuisines and innovating chicken curries to create variety in lunch/dinner menu so here comes Spicy Chicken Curry dish. This is one of the crowd puller amazing curry
This curry is richly infused with flavors of spices. This curry is another one of my family favorite. I just love the aroma of spices when it gets roasted. Serve this delectable curry with naan/roti or pulao. I am sure you would be definitely making this curry again
Do share your experience in comments below once you try out this dish
Preparation time: 25 mins Cooking time: 60 mins Total time: 85 mins
- 500 grams Chicken
- 1 tsp Lemon juice
- 1 tsp oil
- Salt to taste
- 2-3 tbsp Veg oil
- 1 Onion large finely chopped
- 1 Sprig Curry leaves
- 3-4 Green chilies slit lengthwise (adjust)
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1 tsp Red chili powder (or as per taste)
- 1 tbsp Ginger garlic paste
For Roasting and grinding
- 1.5 tsp Coriander seeds
- 1/4 tsp Cumin seeds
- 1/4 tsp Fennel Seeds
- 1-2 Cloves
- 1 Green Cardamom
- 1 Black cardamom
- 1 Star Anise
- 1/2 inch cinnamon
- 2 tsp Poppy seeds
Steps to prepare
- In a bowl , add chicken with salt, 1 tsp oil and lemon juice
- Now add 1/4 tsp turmeric powder, 1 tsp red chili powder and salt
- Marinate chicken and rest on counter for 20 mins.
- Dry roast coriander seeds, cumin seeds, fennel seeds, cloves, cinnamon stick, star anise and cardamoms. Stir constantly on low flame for 4 mins.
- Add poppy seeds and continue to roast for a min. Turn off flame.
- Cool the mixture completely and grind to fine powder. Keep it aside
- Heat oil in a pan
- Add the chopped onions
- Add slit green chilies and curry leaves and saute for 8 mins on low to medium flame.
- Add ginger garlic paste and saute for 5 mins.
- Add the chicken pieces and cook on high flame for 5 mins, mixing constantly so that it does not burn.
- Reduce flame to low. Add the ground masala powder, and salt and mix well.
- Place lid and cook for 10-12 mins on a low medium flame. Now add 1-1.5 cups water, bring to a boil.
- Reduce flame to low and simmer till the chicken turns soft and it reaches gravy consistency.
- Add chopped coriander leaves and mix. Turn off flame
- Transfer curry to a serving bowl and serve hot