These Gluten free cookies not only smell heavenly while baking ,they equally taste amazingly awesome. These are not crunchy or too soft and cakey, somewhere in mid.
Buckwheat is high in protein and minerals so here comes in Cookies which is Gluten free and replaces unhealthy refined flour, these cookies are delicious in taste.Cardamom and Vanilla enhances the flavor of these cookies.
So do try it next time and share your experience of cooking Buckwheat Cardamom Cookies by commenting on this page below!
- 11/8 cup Buckwheat Flour (Kuttu ka atta)
- 2tbsp cornstarch
- 1tsp Cardamom powder (Elaichi)
- 1tsp Vanilla Extract
- 110 g soft unsalted Butter
- 1/8 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 cup brown/ white powdered Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder (optional)
Steps to prepare
- Sieve all dry ingredients , mix cardamom powder and keep it aside. I have skipped baking powder. You can add if you wish to.
- Beat butter and sugar for 4-5 minutes in a bowl. Add egg and blend until they are light and fluffy. Add vanilla extract and blend well
- Add dry ingredients and mix until dough comes together. Even if dough is slightly sticky , it’s OK. Cover with cling wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour
- Preheat oven to 180 deg cel and line baking tray with parchment paper
- Make small balls of dough and lightly flatten it. Place them on the tray leaving gap between them
- Bake it for 9 -11 mins. Sides should be crispy and center soft. Do not overbake…They should be just firm to touch
- Cool cookies on tray for 15 minutes. Allow to cool completely on wire rack
- Store in airtight container and serve with warm milk or cup of tea.