Sugar Free, these barfis/rolls are perfect to munch on when you crave for something sweet. These are so delicious and scrumptious that it would really delight the taste buds. Dates are low in glycemic index and high in dietary fibre. Paired with all nutritious nuts, these are really worth trying on whenever dessert craving strikes. Further, these are simple to make and requires less efforts
No matter how healthy a food is, moderation is the key. Enjoy these healthy decadent dessert next time when hunger pangs strikes in!
Preparation time (incl refrigeration): 2 hrs 10 mins Cooking time: 5 mins Total time: 2 hrs 15 mins
- 300 g seedless Dates /Khajur
- 1/4 cup Almonds, chopped
- 1/4 cup Pistachios, chopped
- 1/4 cup Cashews
- 1/4 cup Walnuts, chopped
- 3 tbsp Desiccated Coconut
- 1 tbsp Ghee (Clarified Butter)
- 2 tsp Raisins (optional)
- 1/4 tsp Cardamom
- 1 tbsp white Sesame Seeds
Steps to prepare
- Deseed and finely chop dates.
- Grind dates, cardamom and raisins to smooth paste
- Keep ground date mixture aside
- Heat ghee in a pan
- Roast sesame seeds until golden brown
- Add desiccated coconut Roast for 3 minutes.
- Add in chopped nuts and mix well
- Add dates paste mix, mix well. Switch off the heat
- Mix until mixture comes together and well combined
- Place mixture on greased foil or butter paper and shape like log. Alternatively, press the mixture in greased square dish
- Roll and cover the dates mix. If using a dish, cover it. Refrigerate until set
- Remove the cover. Cut and store in airtight container.
- Serve as desired