Shrikhand is a traditional Indian dessert made from hung curd flavoured with Saffron , Cardamom and garnished with almonds. This dessert comes from Gujarat and Maharashtra.
Come this summer, enjoy the traditional dessert with the luscious tropical fruit Mango. Further Shrikhand is easy and simple to make dessert
Traditional Shrikhand flavoured with Mango, makes this as perfect combination with puris or can be served as dessert
Preparation time : 3 hours
Servings : 3
- 500 g Curd
- 1/4 cup Mango puree
- 1/4 teaspoon Cardamom powder
- 2-3 tbsp powdered sugar -adjust quantity
- 1 tbsp slivered Almonds and pistachio to garnish
Steps to prepare:
- Take a muslin cloth and spread it on a big bowl. Pour the curd in the cloth. Now bring the ends of the cloth together and hang it on a support to drain the water from the curd. Let the curd hang for 2-3 hours.
- Transfer hung curd to bowl
- Add saffron, Cardamom powder, mango puree and powdered sugar to bowl. Adjust the quantity of sugar depends on sweetness of mangoes
- Whisk until well combined. Add the Aamrakhand to Serving bowls and refrigerate until ready to serve
- Garnish with saffron, slivered almonds and pistachio. Best served chilled. Eat as is or with puris