This is one of the delicious, moist, mouth watering and simple to make Kebabs. One of the most popular and perfect appetizer recipe for parties or any family occasions. They are quite flavorful, you can make them with boneless thigh or breast but its recommended to use thighs for the best taste
If you are baking it in oven or grill pan , you can use charcoal to give smoky flavor. Though its optional, it makes it more tastier
I am sure once you make them , you will definitely make this again.
Preparation time: 15 mins Marination time: 6-7 hrs Cooking time: 18 mins Total time: 6 hrs 33 mins
- 500 g Boneless Chicken
- 1/2 cup hung curd/yogurt
- Salt to taste
- 2 teaspoon ginger garlic paste
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed Kasuri Methi/Dried Fenugreek leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili powder – adjust quantity
- 1/2 teaspoon Garam Masala/Chicken Masala
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp chopped mint leaves
- 3 tbsp chopped coriander leaves/cilantro
Steps to prepare
- Clean chicken and cut into bite sized pieces. Keep it aside
- Whisk hung curd/yogurt in a bowl
- Add ginger garlic paste,oil and lemon juice to yogurt and whisk well
- Add in spice powders and crushed kasuri methi.
- Whisk until well combined
- Add in cilantro, mint leaves and salt. Whisk well
- Add chicken to prepared marinade
- Marinate chicken well and refrigerate for 2 hours or preferably overnight
- If you are using metal skewers then insert chicken into skewers and arrange them on wooden tray before refrigerating. If you are using wooden skewers then insert them in water for 30 minutes
- Insert chicken into skewers. Brush tops with oil and grill chicken for 18-20 minutes until golden brown in preheated oven at 200 deg Cel. Flip chicken once 60% done and bast with oil, before returning it to oven. This will prevent chicken from drying out.
- Alternatively , this can be grilled in tandoor or grill pan too.
- If you want to give smoky flavour to kebabs then heat charcoal until red hot. Add 1 teaspoon ghee/Clarified butter on charcoal, it will start smoking. Place kebabs in vessel and smoky charcoal with bowl at center. Cover the lid and rest for 2 min. Take charcoal bowl out. This is optional step
- Afghani Chicken Kebabs is ready to be served. Garnish with cilantro and serve hot